Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The Part-Time Web Shopper/Support will gather merchandise from the sales floor to fill online customer orders and provide assistance to fellow associates and customers in retrieving freight and putting merchandise on the floor.
- Shop, organize, and collect products to complete orders from assigned lists
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping
- Communicate with leadership to resolve problems or questions
- Execute projects to complete the task on time, and revise as appropriate to meet requirements
- Perform all assigned goals and assist others in accomplishing their goals
- Basic computer knowledge: Microsoft Office
- Unload product from freight. Tag, fold, hang and price merchandise to be put out on the sales floor or in back stock
- Restock merchandise on sales floor and bring product to the floor for display
- Maintain a professional appearance on the sales floor
- Ability to perform basic math; compute rate, ratio and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other associates of the organization
- Demonstrate strong organization, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- Strong initiative and vision for continuous improvement while contributing to a positive team atmosphere
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels' policies and procedures
- Must be flexible to work assigned schedule; may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of a High School diploma, or General Education Degree (GED); one to three months of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of both.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation
Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 10a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is 15 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity, please complete our online application and attach your resume or stop by our Appleton SCHEELS at 4301 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Appleton, WI 54913, to complete a paper application and speak with a hiring leader.