Big Top Ashwaubenon is currently accepting applicants for their 2021 summer internships. BTA oversees operations of Capital Credit Union Park which opened May 31st 2019. Capital Credit Union Park is home to the Green Bay Booyah and Green Bay Voyagers. The Booyah are members of the Summer Collegiate Northwoods League and play 36 home games from mid-May-August. The Voyagers play 10 home games from mid-May – August and are part of USL League Two. The internships run from May 10th to August 20th. Additionally, BTA is part of Big Top Sports and Entertainment out of Madison Wisconsin. Which is the largest and most successful summer collegiate baseball ownership group in the nation, attracting more than 500,000 fans in 2019. BTSE annually hires more than 70 interns for its Northwoods League franchises, the Green Bay Booyah, Madison Mallards and Kenosha Kingfish . BTSE also owns and operates Breese Stevens Field in Madison which is home to USL League One team. Every summer interns work directly with the management staff.
Currently 23 of Big Top Baseball’s 28 full-time staff completed an internship or seasonal position with one of its four teams prior to their full-time employment. Former interns have gone on to work for the Carolina Panthers, Milwaukee Brewers, Arizona Diamondbacks, TREK Bicycles and various minor league and summer collegiate league baseball teams.
All interns will receive a stipend. There are both educational and work components to this internship. All interns must receive college credit for the internship OR the internship must qualify for a graduation requirement.
Aside from game day duties, each intern will be responsible for helping prepare and maintain the ballpark prior to the start of the season. All interns will participate in a weekly sport management class that will be instructed by front office personnel. In addition to your specific area of focus, all interns will have the opportunity to work with the staff to gain experience in the marketing and ticket sales department. Sales tasks will include calling renewals and single game ticket buyers, creating surveys to gauge fan experience, answering incoming phone calls, placing ticket orders, and delivering tickets to clients. Marketing tasks will include creating on field promotions and nightly promotions as well as brainstorming ideas for new sponsorship prospects.
The Green Bay Booyah are seeking an individual to assist in producing a 4-camera webcast for each of their 36 home games. This individual will help manage camera operators. This intern will work to not only ensure a quality broadcast of the game, but also ensure sponsorships are fulfilled for commercial breaks.
- Assist or help manage camera operators and developing a schedule so that each of the 36 home games are covered with three camera operators at each game
- Operate a switcher and four-camera set-up to broadcast each home game online at NorthwoodsLeague.TV
- Work with Marketing Department to create short videos that can be used online to promote the fan experience at games. Examples include video spoofs, mascots doing crazy things, etc…
- Assist in the production of the team poster and team baseball cards
- Assist in taking player head shots, and uploading these pictures to the website
- Previous experience with Final Cut Pro or iMovie on a MacBook isn't required, but is a skill you will need to learn. Previous experience in either of these will improve your standing (a sample of video editing may be asked for)
- Must be a creative thinker with the ability to think of new, fun ideas to improve the fan experience through video
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.