Sentry has an opportunity to join our Digital Marketing team! If you have a passion for creating user-centered designs, and experience with User Experience Design processes, conventions and tools – this is an exciting opportunity to help build a growing area within a Fortune 1000 business. As a User Experience Designer, you will create innovative user experience (UX) solutions that achieve our business goals and objectives. In addition to creating interactive prototypes, you will conduct market research, design user flows and perform testing to gauge the needs and priorities of users. You will work closely with IT and marketing teams to ensure the delivery of solutions are both feasible and align with business’ goals and objectives – all while staying abreast to the latest trends and technologies. This position can be hired as a User Experience Designer or Associate User Experience Designer depending on the selected candidate's related skills and qualifications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a User Experience Designer, you’ll collaborate with cross-functional team of marketing, business unit stakeholders, product managers and developers to understand business objectives, target customers and technical constraints. Additionally, you will:
- Conduct research to understand product specifications, user psychology and website usability
- Translate research findings, business requirements and feedback from cross-functional teams to complete UX designs on enterprise initiatives to deliver strategies and concepts that are relevant and innovative
- Define and create information architecture (sitemap), wireframes and interactive prototypes to make modifications to current products or assist with new enterprise solutions that meet the business goals and objectives, while also creating an intuitive user experience
- Present design concepts, user needs and design rationale to business stakeholders to ensure designs meet business strategies and customer needs
- Conduct concept and usability testing with internal users on proposed web solutions, designs and websites for existing systems to gather feedback, identify opportunities and validate designs
- Coordinate the development and delivery of all marketing assets for assigned UX tasks and/or projects. Provides marketing deliverables to the IT development team and collaborates with IT to ensure marketing and business unit requirements are met
- Conduct acceptance testing on enhancements to existing systems or participates in acceptance testing on new systems. Provides findings on defects or enhancements to marketing team and development team with recommended solutions to ensure all objectives of the project have been met
- Validate UX design enhancements and solutions internally by developing and completing usability testing, evaluating traffic patterns and studying user feedback.and technologies
WHAT IT TAKES
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Education and/or experience in User Interface design and interaction, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or Information Design is desired
- Proven ability to apply analytical skills to make design recommendations and/or decisions based on research, best practices, customer feedback and usability testing
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS, interaction design, user-centered design, and the creative process
- Experience creating designs for multiple platforms – web, mobile and tablet preferred
- Experience with prototyping tools such and Axure, Balsamiq, InVision, etc. preferred
- UX design skills including accessibility, responsive design and mobile layout and tap area recommendations preferred
- Oral and written communications skills, and the ability to translate and communicate technical information to non-technical business unit management
- Ability to establish cross-functional relationships and an understanding of IT development and business processes
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
HOW YOU’LL APPLY
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!