The Hub on Smith
Dec. 1, 2020
Job Opening – Urban Thrift Store Manager
Join our team! The Hub… on Smith is looking for a thrift store manager for our newly rebranded Main Street store. Do you work best in a high energy environment? Are you a leader that has management experience and loves a retail setting? This could be the job for you.
This position works 40 standard hours per week. The salary is $35,400 per year. The Hub… on Smith offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays, inclusion in Wyoming Retirement Plan and option to participate in health-related benefits such as Cigna Health coverage, Delta Dental, VSP Vision and Aflac. Staff also enjoy the benefit of meals at a reduced cost.
A full job description and an application are available online at www.thehubsheridan.org . Send your application and resume to The Hub on Smith c/o Sheree Cossel, 211 Smith Street, Sheridan, WY 82801. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The Hub… on Smith is an equal opportunity provider, an equal employment opportunity and “At Will” employer. Thank you for your interest in this position.
Human Resources Manager
SENIOR CITIZENS COUNCIL
JOB DESCRIPTION POSITION: Store Manager of Urban Thrift
LOCATION: 226 N. Main Street, Sheridan, WY 82801
REPORTS TO: Development Director
Urban Thrift Store Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the store, including staff and volunteer supervision; customer care; financial oversight and cash handling procedures; attaining sales goals and revenues; setting standards for loss prevention; team building.
Essential Job Functions Include:
Store Management & Merchandising
Updates and implements written procedures for store operations, including:
o opening and closing;
o accepting, sorting, displaying donations;
o security procedures for staff and volunteers;
o handling of cash;
o tracking daily sales;
o daily deposits;
o and other relevant procedures as needed
o Provides support to Assistant Manager in the processing of donated items, managing the rotation of items and the disposal of donated items in a timely fashion
o Processes include: sorting, preparing, displaying, and disposing of donated items, providing leadership to volunteers; setting standards for merchandise and communicates standards when needed
· Manages supply inventory and completes purchase orders as necessary; keeps track of credit card expenditures
· Works with Financial Director to develop annual revenue projections
· Understands budget management
· Makes decisions based on understanding of budget, and revenue projections to meet financial goals
· Maintains an increasing knowledge of resale, thrift, consignment and retail trends through daily reading (e-mail list serves, publications) and participation in webinars, advisory committee meetings, and periodic offsite trainings
Staff & Volunteer Management
· Provides leadership and management to store asst. manager and clerks, and volunteers
· Assesses the store’s need for staff & volunteers; communicates need to Volunteer Coordinator
· Oversees training of staff & store volunteers
· Creates daily/weekly/monthly staff & volunteer work schedules to ensure adequate personnel coverage to accomplish tasks and responding to customers.
· Coordinates with Assistant Manager to maintain donation schedule
· Maintains current knowledge of agency policies and procedures as they relate to personnel, monitors volunteers for adherence to policies and procedures.
· Coordinates with Volunteer Coordinator to take corrective action as necessary regarding staff & volunteers and reports back to Development Director and/or Human Resources Director.
· Oversees regularly scheduled communication with staff & volunteers to provide direction, guidance, and oversight to personnel
· Oversees staff & volunteer job skill training to ensure competency.
· Oversees volunteers are knowledgeable of agency policies and procedures and are compliant
· Coordinates with Assistant Manager to conduct monthly staff & volunteer meetings
· Coordinates safety training for staff & volunteers with Risk Manager
· Adheres to organization policies and procedures regarding safety
Marketing & Promotion
· Oversees the display of merchandise inside the store to enhance the appearance and appeal of the store
· Responsible for coordinating with marketing team who provides and implements promotional ideas/marketing objectives. Marketing and promotions are overall responsibility of professional marketing associates for The Hub. Attends regular marketing meetings in effort to understand and participate with marketing ideas for The Hub overall, and the store specifically.
· Understanding of social media management
· Promotes excellence in customer service for ALL visitors to the store.
· Assures that customers have a positive, enjoyable shopping experience
· Responsible for collaboration with external and internal entities …
· Attends Hub staff meetings
· Attends Downtown Association meetings/gatherings
· Attends Chamber of Commerce luncheons/gatherings
· Regularly reports to Development Director – weekly
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability and desire to work with diverse groups of people
· Retail Management experience
· Management experience in human resources
· Strong leadership skills and ability to work in a team environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
· Some public speaking required
· POS system, Square, cash register, other experience
· Basic computing experience including Microsoft Office (word, excel)
· Social medial platform experience
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to prioritize workload and work autonomously
Working Conditions & Demands:
· Maintaining a professional environment
· Frequently communicates and exchanges information with others · Regularly observes and assesses staff & volunteers · Frequently transfers, lifts, and positions objects
· Must be available to work flexible hours Monday – Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 6 p.m.
High School diploma required. Bachelors’ Degree in Business Management, Retail Management, Business, and/or Marketing, 3 years’ experience working in Retail Management and/or Human Resources or a closely related field is preferred. Equivalent education and experience will be considered. Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
Senior Citizens Council is an equal employment opportunity employer
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
Employees working per shift:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page:
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Urban+Thrift+Store+Manager&c=The+Hub+on+Smith&l=Sheridan%2C+WY&jk=b0b339e2c01b7b38&rtk=1eos7edcmsa9h800&from=rss→