Sheridan County School Disctrict 2
The Sheridan County School District No. 2 is seeking a positive, professional, and motivated Superintendent of Schools to lead our SCSD2 team!
This position will be offered a starting annual salary of $160,000 (more depending on experience), will receive a 260-day contract, and medical/dental family insurance paid in full. The Wyoming Retirement System pension plan requires an 18.12% contribution of an employee’s total salary; SCSD2 pays 14.69% of this contribution and the employee pays 3.43% of this contribution. Annual paid leave consists of 19 holidays, 21 vacation days, 4 personal days, and 12 sick days. This position will begin on July 1st, 2021.
Why choose us? Click here to learn more about our school district, and our community. Click here to learn more about the beautiful town of Sheridan, Wyoming. To view additional videos from Sheridan Travel & Tourism, click here.
For HR-related questions please contact Cyndi Magee, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For School District/Curriculum related questions please contact Mitch Craft, Assistant Superintendent, at email@example.com.
REPORTS TO: Board of Trustees
SUPERVISES: All school district staff
JOB GOAL: To inspire, lead, and guide every member of the administrative, instructional, and support services teams in setting and achieving the highest standards of excellence, so that every student may be provided with a complete, valuable, and personally rewarding education.
1. Attends and participates in all meetings of the Board and its committees; serves as ex officio member of committees.
2. Administers the development and maintenance of a positive educational program designed to meet the needs of the community and to carry out the policies of the Board.
3. Advises the Board on the need for new or revised policies and ensures that all policies of the Board are implemented.
4. Prepares and submits recommendations pertaining to all matters requiring Board action including data and reports that allow the Board to make an informed decision.
5. Informs and advises the Board of school activities, programs, practices, and issues.
6. Ensures that the district complies with all constitutional or statutory laws, state and charter regulations, and Board policies; maintains the accreditation of the school district with the Wyoming Department of Education; and ensures timely submission of all reports required by state and federal law.
7. Facilitates the development of and improvement within the Professional Learning Communities philosophy and framework, with fidelity, across the district.
8. Ensures effective implementation, with fidelity, of Reading Recovery; Math Recovery; and the Balanced Literacy Framework across all elementary schools.
9. Formulates school objectives, policies, plans, and programs; and presents facts and explanations necessary to assist the Board in its duty of legislation for the schools.
10. Conducts a periodic audit of the total school program, and advises the Board on recommendations for the educational advancement of the district.
11. Reviews curriculum and instructional frameworks; makes recommendations for improvement on a continual basis. Keeps informed of current educational research and practices and monitors trends in education.
12. Authorizes a process for the classification and advancement of students, and for the transfer of students from one building to another, in accordance with district policies.
13. Fosters a process that allows communication between district staff and the Board, and opportunities for staff, students, and the community to provide feedback concerning the improvement and welfare of the district.
14. Recommends the appointment, election, employment, promotion, transfer, or reassignment of all district staff; directs employment negotiations with district staff.
15. Supervises the methods of teaching, supervision, and administration utilized across the district.
16. Initiates the process for any employee suspension, demotion, or termination in accordance with district policy and state statute, and recommends appropriate Board action.
17. Submits to the Board a clear and detailed explanation of any proposed procedure that deviates from established policy or the expenditure of substantial sums.
18. Assumes responsibility for the overall financial planning of the district; maintains efficient procedures and effective controls for all expenditures in accordance with the adopted budget; supervises the preparation and presentation of the annual budget for Board approval.
19. Acts as the purchasing agent for the Board and establishes procedures for the purchase of equipment, books, materials, and supplies.
20. Provides suitable instructions and regulations to govern the use and care of school properties for school purposes.
21. Recommends the establishment or alteration of attendance boundaries for all schools and approves the special transfer of students from one neighboring district to another, as warranted by policy or special circumstances.
22. Supervises the operational decisions for the Special Services, Human Resources, Facilities, Transportation, Food Service, and Technology departments.
23. Makes recommendations with reference to the plans, appropriations, location and size of new school sites, additions to existing sites, and new buildings on school sites; as well as improvements, alterations, and changes in the buildings and equipment of the district.
24. Represents the district in a positive and professional manner and keeps the public informed of the activities, needs, and successes of the district.
25. Keeps the public informed about current educational practices, educational trends, and the policies, practices, and challenges of the school district.
26. Performs other duties as assigned by the Board.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
1. Speak clearly and concisely.
2. Weigh options, think clearly, and evaluate accurately.
3. Understand and facilitate the needs of various personality types.
4. Make decisions with sound judgment.
5. Develop plans and make decisions to facilitate their fulfillment.
6. Concentrate with numerous interruptions.
7. Be persuasive, alert, creative, and have patience, initiative, and reasoning.
8. Research educational topics to organize data and present pertinent information in a concise manner.
9. Travel long distances by car throughout the state and region.
10. Work long hours from time to time.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 260 days per year. Salary placement based on years of experience, determined by the Board of Trustees.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of the Superintendent.
The closing date displayed is a guideline for candidates and hiring committees. All job postings shall be open for a minimum of five days before they are filled. Once five days have elapsed, committees may begin selecting, interviewing, and hiring qualified candidates. An application is not a guarantee for an interview. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early, as job postings may close sooner than the listed close date.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act exemption status(exempt/non-exempt from overtime) is designated by position. Sheridan County School District No. 2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Wyoming State Statute requires any employee initially hired by SCSD2 on or after July 1, 1996, to pass a criminal background check with DCI (Department of Criminal Investigation).
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Superintendent+School&c=Sheridan+County+School+Disctrict&l=Sheridan%2C+WY&jk=2944d2100ec6a7e9&rtk=1emvjj87f3kj3000&from=rss→