Website SSA Marine
The Equipment Mechanic is a part of the Operations team and is responsible for ensuring the ready operational condition of machinery and mechanical equipment to ensure that operations maintain production and quality.
* Ensures the operational condition of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and repairs on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, heavy machines and equipment, and production equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacture's instruction, and engineering specifications; and trouble-shooting malfunctions.
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; and by using measuring and testing equipment.
* Controls downtime by informing managers of routine maintenance scheduling and techniques.
* Develops and maintains professional working relationships with outside parts and supply vendors and service companies.
* Maintains equipment parts and supply inventories by determining appropriate inventory levels and controlling the inventory stock; anticipating needed repairs and pre-ordering parts and supplies to ensure all maintenance and repair is performed in a manner to support operational efficiency.
* Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Maintains logs detailing equipment repairs and maintenance and adheres to equipment maintenance schedule.
* Reports problems and issues to appropriate Manager.
* Performs other related duties as required.
*Minimum 2 years’ experience maintaining and repairing heavy equipment and machinery, conveyor systems, and production machinery.
*Must possess a Class B license, Medical Examiner’s Certification and a clean DVR.
*Experience with power and hand tools.
*Knowledge of safety and accident prevention codes and regulations.
*Knowledge and understanding of parts and supply inventory management.
*Strong communication skills
*Required to observe all safety and health requirements.
*Requires the ability to operate, maintain and repair large equipment and machinery to support operations in a fast paced environment.
*Requires problem solving skills to respond quickly and effectively to operational issues
*Requires the ability to work alone as well as with outside vendors and other employees
*Requires the ability to follow instructions in a fast paced environment and be available to work varied hours and days
*Requires the ability to communicate effectively with vendors, service companies, workforce and other staff
*Ability to work a “flexible” schedule to work extended hours and weekends when required or necessary.
*Requires the ability to analyze and trouble shoot problems and facilitate repair.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
* Must be able to work in rotating shifts, days, evenings and nights.
* Must be able to work in extreme outdoor temperatures of hot and cold, extremely dusty conditions and occasionally, conditions of high levels of noise.
* The ability to work in an environment that may be hazardous to persons unable to see and hear fast moving equipment
* The ability to drive 50%
* The ability to operate various types of equipment.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees also are covered by basic life and accidental death insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. Employees accrue one hour of paid sick leave for every 28.8 hours worked. Employees may be eligible for up to twelve weeks of paid maternity leave; and up to 5 days of paid bereavement leave. Eligible employees are able to enroll in our company's 401k plan, as well as a retirement plan. Employees may be eligible for discretionary and/or metric-based bonuses and will receive two weeks (ten days) of vacation and 13 paid holidays every year.
Compensation: The pay range for the position is $22.00 - 34.00 per hour based on related experience and skill set.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.