Website Skookum Contract Services
Creating Opportunities for People of All Abilities
Maintenance Trades Helper
Where: Poolesville, Maryland (National Institutes of Health)
Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time, Day Shift
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life & Short-Term Disability Insurance, 11 paid holidays, up to 12 paid vacation days per year, paid sick leave, Verizon wireless discount, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a robust wellness program. Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility for full time employees.
To apply: visit www.skookum.org
Skookum is a national non-profit, government contractor that is dedicated to “Creating Opportunities for People of All Abilities” through hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. We take pride in our mission-focused culture, our Core Values, Diversity, Partnership, Commitment, Integrity, and Quality and our dedication to providing a safe and respectful work environment to our employees.
Skookum is seeking a skilled and efficient Maintenance Trades Helper with a helpful attitude.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
· Holding and/or passing objects for a skilled trade craftsman.
· Supplying a skilled trade craftsman with tools and materials.
· Installing and fastening hardware, such as nuts, bolts, washers, etc.
· Cleaning/removing debris from fasteners, structures, equipment or appliances.
· Manually moving and transporting appliances, equipment and materials.
· Physically relocating and temporarily fastening overhead air hoses, electrical cables and flexible ventilation.
· Replacing light bulbs, preparing, organizing and cleaning work sites, setting up tools and equipment, recording activities in shift logs, maintaining material inventories.
· Remove snow from walkways, driveways, roads or parking lots using necessary equipment.
· Up to three (3) years of facilities and/or appliance experience preferred.
· Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances and installation access.
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance. The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions on a case-by-case basis.
· Position duties require working outside in the weather. Conditions may include rain, cold and/or heat.
· Work site location can include steep inclines, such as slopes hills, and uneven ground surfaces.
· Position may require working in high places, such as scaffolding, ladders, man baskets, and/or cherry pickers.
· Where permitted by applicable law, you must have received the COVID-19 vaccine in full by date of hire to be considered for employment (unless otherwise exempted from this policy by an approved medical or religious exemption).
· Valid state driver license is required with the ability to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum’s insurance carrier.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances and installation access. A background check and E-Verify will be conducted for this position.
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People of all Abilities”
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled - Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster. Skookum participates in E-Verify.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org