Job Description Summary
We are Alexander Mann Solutions and we’re passionate about helping companies and individuals fulfill their potential through talent acquisition and management. Today, nearly 4,000 of our talent acquisition and management experts are partnering with our blue-chip clients across multiple sectors and in more than 90 countries. Delivering a distinctive blend of outsourcing and, through our Talent Collective team, consulting services, our unrivaled experience, capability and thought leadership helps our clients attract, engage and retain the talent they need for business success.
We are seeking a talented Senior Bid Manager based in the US to manage all aspects of the pursuit bid management process, leveraging bid and project /programme management excellence and best practice to ensure maximum conversion of new sales as they ‘Land’ & business development ‘Retain & Expand’ opportunities.
The Senior Bid Manager will be viewed as Trusted Advisors by the RMDs, Regional Pursuit Leads and SMDs. Ensuring the timely and successful submission of proposals, bids and supporting collateral for opportunities in-line with growth targets. To personally take responsibility for Bid Managing Transformative Outsourcing and complex pursuits by applying proven experience of successfully converting deals spanning multiple geographies and solution complexities. Continually innovate in pursuit win strategies supporting prospects in addressing their challenges through innovative responses to proposals, presentations, workshops and negotiations.
In this role you will lead a team of high performing professionals who will manage all aspects of the pursuit process, leveraging bid and project /programme management excellence and best practice.
- Responsible for executing pursuit bid strategies of large or multiple sales activities such as existing account resigns or new sales over the value of
£1m. * As part of managing pursuits, be fully accountable for the detailed pursuit plan (based on agreed approaches such as Sprints).
- To lead activities with the ability to challenge and coach the wider core Pursuit team to drive quality outcomes.
- Supports the development and messaging of the pursuit strategy from early stage engagement and relationship mapping (including Miller Heiman blue sheeting); power maps and conversion strategies
- Accountable for pursuit planning and execution, to gain approval from the Pursuit Lead, and Sector / Regional MDs & provide direction and perspective across the engagement.
- Anticipates risks and removes barriers. Has an active and direct impact on the overall quality and success of engagement with Procurement (Sourcing leads and internal stakeholders. Internal AMS Stakeholders: HCS, MD level & above
- To have a broad and thorough understanding of all aspects of the Bid (covering Solutions, Implementation, Technology, Commercials), providing leadership, input and constructive challenge to the design of the proposal, in alignment with the ‘win plan’.
- Performs an active role in the definition, communication and execution of the strategy and client engagement plan
- To ensure knowledge management is embedded within the team through continuous development of the latest thinking/innovation/response narrative/case studies and use cases with evidence of success
- Ability to spot opportunities within each pursuit and across the business and act upon them in order to develop practices, knowledge within accounts and to develop the optimal solution in-line with a client’s objectives.
- Highly effective bid management process with all deliverables, timelines and milestones met • Win rate on must-win/must-retain opportunities ≤98% • Conversions ratios: Proposal to pitch ≤95%/ Pitch to win (Complex RPO ≤64%)
- High satisfaction levels reported across the relevant Pursuit Leaders, Sector MDs and Regional MDs and wider growth team. - NPS as a quality Indicator – Internal, NPS ≤7% Perceived internally as a Trusted Advisor and a lead within a highly valued function.
Desired Skills and Experience
To have the opportunity to develop your career in this role, you will need to have:
- Multi-year experience in managing complex multi-regional and global pursuits with track record of conversions
- Pursuit planning experience using tools such as Miller Heiman.
- Strategic Selling; Spin; De Bono Thinking Hats
- Prior experience of Resourcing, RPO, CWS opportunities across multiple sectors
- Understanding of resourcing and RPO market drivers
- Exceptional writing, editing and formatting skills
- Understanding of blended workforce solutions and wider HRO, Consulting and Talent Management services and solutions.
- Strong, proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage complex projects; multiple stakeholders Strong personal time-management and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels
- Advanced skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Visio).
- Bid Management APMP foundation level or higher or Project management (Prince2) qualification
- Understanding of business and sales process/cycle and associated roles
- Ability to lead through influence rather than direct authority
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Alexander Mann Solutions