Habitat for Humanity of the Eastern Bighorns
JOB TITLE: Resource Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full Time Exempt
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
P*RIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB*
To develop and strengthen partnerships within our service area.
The Resource Development Manager (RDM) is responsible for increasing the capacity of HFHEB through planning and coordinating all aspects of resource development and marketing for the affiliate. The RDM will develop and implement a marketing plan and strategy to increase the affiliate’s resources including fundraising, grant writing, sponsorship acquisition, faith relations/church sponsorships, and assisting the Executive Director with the cultivation of new donors.
E*SSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE AREAS *- Other duties may be assigned
Marketing & Communications:
· Oversee annual report
· Design and lead the annual appeal process
· In coordination with Executive Director, create an annual fundraising plan, attract new individual and major gift donors, and build long-term relationships with churches, businesses, organizations, and individuals.
· Secure house sponsorships for each new construction build.
· Prepare and execute all grant writing and reporting, including securing local, state, and national grants.
· Oversee donor database maintenance, in-kind donations, production of donor reports, and the donor acknowledgement process.
· Plan and lead an annual meeting to recognize donors, volunteers and board members.
· Participate as a member of the Fundraising committee.
· Assist in planning and implementation of all fundraising events, such as the Annual Women Build, and the Wolf Creek Wrangle Trail Run.
Special Events and Community Outreach
· Participate in HFHEB special events such as groundbreaking events and house dedications.
· Make presentations to church, civic, and community groups.
· Local travel is required to attend faith services and civic organization meetings. May be required to work evenings and weekends to attend community events and make presentations.
K*NOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES *
· Commitment to the Habitat for Humanity concept as a Christian housing ministry, core values, principles, and covenant, as well as willingness to work on a collaborative team.
· Experience in public speaking.
· Demonstrate excellent creative writing and reporting skills.
· Energetic, creative, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple tasks.
· Marketing and public relation skills.
· Ability to treat a diverse group of volunteers, customers, fellow employees and the general public with courtesy, dignity and respect.
· Ability to demonstrate a high level of ethics, integrity, diplomacy and initiative and maintain confidentiality with HFHEB information.
· Working knowledge of office machines, internet and email usage.
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office Pro applications including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint; experience with donor management software and ability to understand and utilize computers and other technology.
E*DUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS*
· Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing or related field or experience resulting in equivalent level of knowledge is required.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience and demonstrated success in grant writing, fundraising, donor cultivation, and major gifts management.
Full-time position exempt position; salary commensurate with experience. HFHEB is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year