Madison Area Technical College
Job Posting Date:
February 20, 2020
Salary depends upon workload.
School of BAA_Applied Arts
Madison College is recruiting a pool of highly motivated and qualified candidates to teach part time courses for the Visual Communications-Media Design program. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis for the 2020-2021 academic school year. If you possess the aspiration to help others succeed, this is an opportunity for you to positively impact the community and lives of our students. Madison College is a first-choice institution that offers exceptional educational opportunities to our students providing high-demand skills for professional and academic growth.
Organizational Function and Responsibilities :
This position is responsible for instruction in the Visual Communications-Media Design program at the college level. This includes developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students, and participating in college service activities at the department, division and college levels.
This position reports to the Associate Dean – School of Business and Applied Arts.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Responsible for instruction in the Visual Communications program including but not limited to the following courses: Video Production, Web Page Design, Web Animation, Multimedia Authoring, HTML Coding, and Interactive Rich Media Design.
2. Develop and plan appropriate instructional strategies and alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to hybrid, face-to-face and on-line course delivery.
3. Participate in in-service meetings, convocation training, staff development training or other activities or programs requested by the Department.
4. Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns, and other academic matters.
5. Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, advanced standing, providing grades on a timely basis, evaluating student performance and maintaining office hours for student assistance and counseling, etc.
6. Maintain competencies as an instructor as aligned with the Faculty Quality Assurance System.
7. Assist students in developing work experience assignments such as internships, work study assignments, team projects, etc.
8. Demonstrate a commitment to the college’s mission, vision and values.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
2. Skill in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
3. Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
4. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilities.
5. Ability to interact with business and industry to establish partnerships.
6. Demonstrated and documented professional working knowledge of both traditional and computer production methods through an interactive portfolio and a demo reel.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, OR occupational experience combined with education and training preparing a person from the occupation totaling 7 years (14,000 hours) AND actual and demonstrable hands-on experience on the Mac computer platform (cross-platform experience a plus) using MS Office Products, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After-effects, Premiere Pro, Audition).
2. Two (2) years (4000 hours) of related work experience.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS :
Madison College utilizes pool postings for all Part-time Instructor positions. This posting is a pool position to collect applications for potential part-time instruction positions. Part-time Instructors are hired on a per course basis each semester, and teaching one semester does not guarantee assignment for the following semester. The teaching hours for a part-time instructor vary and can include day, evening, and weekend classes.
If interested, please complete the required online application and attach a resume, cover letter, and transcripts (unofficial copy). Please note that all transcripts will be checked for verification of accreditation before hire. This pool will close on approximately January 31, 2021. If you are not contacted by this time and you are still interested in employment with Madison College, you will be asked to reapply to a new pool. All communications will be through the e-mail provided on your application materials. We regard diversity in the workforce as a competitive advantage and strongly support its presence in our educational environment.
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Rosemary Buschhaus, J.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Associate Vice President, Human Resources , 1701 Wright St Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246-6900
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=PT+Instructor+Pool&c=Madison+Area+Technical+College&l=Madison%2C+WI&jk=11b917f9019623ae&rtk=1ene20h70t50j800&from=rss→