Website Potomac Healthcare Solutions
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
WRMC Bethesda, MD
Competitive Salary! No Call! 11 Holidays Off!
Schedule: 6:30am – 3:15pm Monday through Friday
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Shall share knowledge by training students, new orienteers and cross training experienced Surgical Technicians.
· Ensure a safe and sterile environment for surgical. Procedures. Prepare a patient for surgery, arrange operating room (OR) equipment, instruments, and supplies accord to the preference of the surgeons and nurses.
· Be conscientious, orderly, and emotionally stable in order to handle the demands of surgeons. Respond quickly and have knowledge of various operating room procedures.
· Work as an integral part of the healthcare team alongside surgeons, nurses, anesthesiologists, and other personnel before, during and after surgery.
· Adjust and test equipment, prepare the patient for surgery, and help to connect surgical equipment and monitoring devices. Scrub and put on gown and gloves, prepare the sterile setup for the appropriate procedure and assist other members of the team with gowning and gloving
· As directed by the surgeon, sponge or suction the operative site, prepare suture material, dispense appropriate fluids and drugs, and prepare specimens for subsequent pathologic analysis.
· After the operation, apply dressings and prepare the OR for the next case.
· Minimum of three years within the past five years of full-time experience as a Certified Surgical Technician or Certified Surgical Technologist. The Contractor employee shall have one year of combined experience in Orthopedic Spine, Neurosurgical, General, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Ophthalmology, Urology, Da Vinci Surgery and/or variety of surgical experience. Have Operating Room (OR) experience working within a military healthcare system.
· Certification from the Association of Surgical Technologists (AST).
· Possess maintain a valid and unrestricted state license granted from any state to practice surgical technology.
· Graduated with an associate degree from an accredited community or junior college; a certificate from a hospital training program; a vocational or technical school; or one of the U.S. Armed Forces.
· Must be a US Citizen.
Potomac Healthcare Solutions offers the following benefits:
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Health Savings Account
Employer Paid - Basic Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Short-Term Disability
Long Term Disability
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Paid Time Off
11 Federal Holidays
Employee Assistance Program
Wellness Incentives and More
About Potomac Healthcare Solutions:
Potomac Healthcare Solutions is an award-winning, dynamic, and rapidly growing healthcare services company with a proven background in providing world-class health services for both government and commercial organizations. We are actively recruiting skilled, caring practitioners to support our rapidly growing program base and supported healthcare facilities. If you would like to be a part of a quality-driven organization and make a difference, we would like to talk to you!
If you do not find interest in this opportunity but know of someone who may, we kindly ask that you refer the individual to Potomac Healthcare Solutions by forwarding this job posting.
We especially welcome employment interest of US Military Veterans with honorable service.
Potomac Healthcare Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com