WHY JOIN BALLARD MARINE CONSTRUCTION?
Ballard Marine Construction is a specialty marine and underwater contractor based in Washougal, WA, with regional offices and projects throughout North America. Our experience enables us to adapt quickly to unique problems and resolve potentially costly situations for our clients. In addition, we have the proven ability to customize systems and management teams for individual projects.
Employees are an integral part of ensuring our success, and as such, our staff is required to meet the highest expectations. We take pride in our renowned safety standards and require employees to utilize safe work practices always. We count on our employees to perform in fast-paced environments while still satisfying customer needs and maintaining effective working relationships. The ability to proactively identify issues and offer innovative solutions is also expected from our employees. We are committed to our employees and, in turn, expect our employees to contribute to the success of Ballard.
The Marketing Manager will be a critical addition rounding out our Business Development and Marketing Team. The Marketing Manager will oversee, develop, and manage a broad range of company-wide strategic business development and marketing initiatives. The Marketing Manager must have a keen ability for strategic thinking, technical understanding and writing, layout and graphic design, and exceptional customer service skills, for both internal and external clients, supporting all home office departments and regional offices. This position will focus heavily on the communications side of marketing, with a secondary focus on pursuit support.
It is required to have at least 5 years of relevant A/E/C experience producing custom marketing materials for public and private sector clients. Candidates who lack the required years of experience are invited to submit a cover letter detailing out how they intend to overcome the experience requirements and perform the job duties detailed herein.
This is not a remote position and could work out of Ballard’s Washougal, Washington, Loomis, California, Bradenton, Florida, or Neenah, Wisconsin offices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce, organize, and assemble original marketing materials, technical writing, proof-reading, strategic and technical presentations, editing, graphic production in Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Create original graphics for inclusion in marketing, business development, and divisional needs.
- Creation and maintenance of marketing files and databases including project reference sheets, staff resumes, abstracts, white papers, and project photography.
- Maintenance and updating of Ballard branding, spot audits to ensure compliance throughout the company.
- Creation and maintenance of social media content, establishing a strong brand voice and strategy.
- Maintenance and development of new content for website.
- Analyze submitted proposals to date; prepare a plus delta evaluation including strategic recommendations to increase future win rate.
- Perform industry specific market research and analysis identifying new ways to increase the company’s visibility and name recognition in the industry and develop strategic technical marking plans to achieve.
- Participate and contribute in annual strategic planning efforts and development of marketing goals and strategic plan.
- Manage and maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (Microsoft Dynamics) including developing system reports and studies. Maintain, update, and present CRM training for team
- Serve as a backup for Pursuit Manager assisting with RFP/RFQ submittals, subconsultant and subcontractor qualification review and management, prequalifications, bid documents and proposals, compliance matrix development, final bid proposal compilation, and bid compliance verification.
- 5 - 10+ years of marketing experience with at least 5 years of relevant A/E/C experience producing custom marketing materials for public and private sector clients. Candidates who lack the required years of experience are invited to submit a cover letter detailing out how they intend to overcome the experience requirements and perform the job duties detailed herein.
- Proficient with a wide range of software including SharePoint, CRM databases, Adobe Creative suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), and Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent formatting, technical writing/editing, graphic layout and production, and efficient/timely production of materials
- Exceptional verbal, graphical, and written communication skills are critical to this position. Applicant must be able to clearly communicate strategic and technical intent in PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to develop and maintain relationships with employees at all levels within the organization; ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives, and strong creative problem-solving skills are required. Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, solve challenges with diplomacy and creativity and work independently as well as in team environments, often under tight deadline situations, with diverse personalities, in a dynamic fast paced work environment.
- Experience in Heavy Civil Marine Construction or Underwater Construction, a plus.
- Experience with video production and editing, a plus.
Education & Certifications:
- BS or BA degree in Marketing, Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or a related field is preferred, equivalent experience will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- At this time, there are no personal supervisory responsibilities. This will change as required with department growth.
Physical Demands / Working Environment:
- Prolonged period sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 20 pounds at a time
Location and Relocation:
- This position could work out of Ballard’s Washougal, Washington, Loomis, California, Bradenton, Florida, or Neenah, Wisconsin offices.
- For the right individual, relocation assistance is available to work in Ballard’s home office in Washougal, WA, just outside of Portland, OR.
Ballard offers a comprehensive benefits package and provides a culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion. Benefits include employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, PTO, 401K Plan with employer match, paid holidays, and so much more!!
Ballard Marine Construction, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status. A reasonable accommodation will be considered for qualified individuals with a disability if it does not create an undue hardship for the Company, consistent with the ADA as amended.
Job Type: Exempt