Join our Maintenance team in this unique year-round opportunity!
The Location Maintenance Manager Reports directly to the Assistant Director of Engineering-Facilities and is Responsible for the year-round maintenance, repair and operation of all Lake area facilities entrusted to Xanterra’s land assignment. This is a full-time, year-round position in the Lake Area of Yellowstone National Park. The Maintenance Manager resides at the Lake Area in company provided housing. The only access to and from the Lake Area location during the winter season is by over snow vehicles.
What We Provide:
Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
Health, life and other insurance benefits
Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
Discounts in and around Yellowstone
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
PLEASE NOTE: As we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures and are carefully following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests.
Responsible for on-the-job safety of all maintenance personnel and mitigation of risks to other employees and park visitors who may be affected by maintenance or repair activities.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, management and leadership of maintenance staff consisting of both year-round and seasonal employees.
- Responsible for timely accomplishment of facility related opening and closing procedures of Lake Area seasonal facilities including the iconic Lake Hotel, Lake Lodge and Historical Cabins.
- Responsible for the year-round maintenance, repair and operation of all Lake Area facilities within Xanterra’s land assignment.
The Maintenance Manager will establish and manage an after-hours on-call program to ensure rapid and appropriate response to any calls for service that cannot wait until morning for resolution.
- Maintain constant communication between Maintenance, Operations and Support staff to ensure available resources are being allocated and prioritized effectively.
- Accountable for the accurate documentation of work performed and materials consumed. This information shall be fully documented in the company’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responsible for maintaining an organized, properly stocked inventory of repair parts and supplies.
Assists in the review of plans and specifications for construction and remodeling projects in the Lake Area with an emphasis on ensuring systems and facilities are designed with due consideration for ease of maintenance and operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Must have knowledge of, and experience in facility maintenance and operation. Facilities Management experience in the hospitality industry is desired but not necessarily required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are critical to this position.
Must have the ability to lead maintenance staff towards a common purpose, establish and achieve meaningful goals and objectives.
- Must demonstrate the Management skills required to effectively, efficiently and autonomously “run” the uniquely challenging maintenance operation at the Lake Area. Large historic, complex and fully occupied facilities in the summer season combined with a winter season operation in an isolated location present management challenges not typically encountered in building maintenance / operation organizations.
Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to regroup and “manage on the fly” as unplanned requirements and situations present themselves.
Must be a self-starter, able to troubleshoot problems, ask the right questions and have the confidence to make hard decisions based on the best information available.
Must possess knowledge of OSHA General Industry (1910) and Construction (1926) standards.
Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
Must possess a strong working knowledge in the use of common Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as the confidence, willingness and ability to become proficient in the CMMS, timekeeping and other mission-critical computer-based systems.
- Must be at least 21 years old and possess a current, valid, driver’s license with a safe driving record for the past 3 years.
Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
Must possess physical stamina to withstand heavy, labor-related work in an outside environment including standing, bending, kneeling, crawling for extended periods of time when required.
Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for extended periods of time as required.
Must be willing and able to reside, year-round in a remote hospitality location with limited wintertime accessibility.
Supervises location maintenance personnel.
- Empowered to direct the suspension of unsafe work practices by Xanterra employees and/or vendors and contractors.
Promote Xanterra Company sustainability initiatives by preventing any negative impacts to the environment and incorporating best management practices.
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.