All Heart Home Care
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Location: Nashville based, supports Middle Tennessee Home Care patients
Status:Regular Full Time
Days:Monday - Friday
If you have a passion for people and a desire to provide outstanding care and comfort to patients and their families,
while working within a professional team focused on clinical excellency, then we can't wait to speak with you!
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse serves as care giver for assigned patients. Responsible for identifying and coordinating patient/family needs and for providing preventive and supportive care to the terminally ill patient/ family unit. The hospice nurse utilizes assessment, intervention and teaching skills in caring for the patient/family unit. The LPN also performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the patient's needs and to promote the patient's comfort and assist in providing a safe patient environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Using nursing process and current standards of practice provides nursing care to assigned patients.
2. In collaboration with IDT, patient, and family, establishes and implements hospice plan of care.
3. Anticipates the need for and initiates interventions to prevent complications and to alleviate physical and psychological discomfort.
4. Organizes and completes work in an effective and time efficient manner.
5. Notifies Medical Director/designee, Registered Nurse, and IDT of patient needs and/or changes in condition.
6. Provides and maintains safe environment for patients, families, and other employees. Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
7. Completes documentation per procedure and standards of practice including documentation.
8. Provide emotional support to patients and their families.
9. Administer medications as ordered.
10. Educates patients and/or families in disease process, hospice care, and signs/symptoms of approaching death.
11. Implements and follows physician orders.
12. Notifies Charge Nurse or Clinical Director of significant changes in patient condition and any unrelieved symptoms.
13. Gives complete report to assigned case manager as needed.
14. Reports complaints, issues, and incidents to Clinical Director or IPU Administrator.
15. Delivers care in a cost-efficient manner.
16. Attends patient deaths.
17. Works to ensure continuity of care with other team members.
18. Assists the patient in the Activities of Daily Living (ADL) including personal care, hygiene, bathing, back rubs, shampoo, skin and nail care, shaving, eating, dressing, elimination, ambulation, transfers, changing and making the patients bed. Very light housekeeping to provide a clean and safe patient environment and meal preparation as directed by care plan.
19. Other duties as assigned.
No supervision of agency staff is required.
The agency requires this position to complete 15 hours of continuing education per year covering topics that will contribute to improvements in carrying out the above responsibilities. Regulatory agencies may require some disciplines to have additional hours in order to be licensed or certified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including meeting the required competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Frequently required to drive an automobile.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to infectious diseases and use of an automobile. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of radiation, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Usually in a patient's home.
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://jobviewtrack.com/en-us/job-4f1d41617d2a4f224e17450d1b040a473552150b1d1a494a510d63111d1d42766e161a120b4729703a48211c474e1d6e4c160a6c6b1d430606120b03457006090a0743485c410d2a1a1c5411222b070c0b472641060d493f7a653f6542090a4e64155206482f1b151645755a59451f18/b22bdef86d48c43d0866b5a85447d702.html→