Indian Health Service is hiring for an Inpatient RN in Polacca, AZ. New BSN Grads Welcome!
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized in addition to salary.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement:
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS. Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be covered.
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $55,000 to $67,000 per year
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan Repayment Program.
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on duty
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance plan options
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave, accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after retirement at the same rate as if you were working
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be authorized in addition to salary
Inpatient Registered Nurses provide comprehensive nursing care to patients across the age spectrum and with a wide range of acute conditions in inpatient settings. Registered Nurses apply established professional nursing concepts, principles and practices to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for general medical and/or surgical patients This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement at multiple facilities in the Phoenix Area Indian Health Service.
- Utilizes the nursing process to identify individual patient needs and problems and to develop implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
- Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific to age of the patient (adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric, neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social-cultural needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching.
- Observes and assesses patient's clinical condition: recognizes, identifies and interprets serious situations and immediately implements proper action.
- Documents observations, nursing interventions, responses to therapeutic measures and status of coordinated activities between nursing and other professional disciplines utilizing the approved hospital format.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose monitors, mist tents, etc.
- Administers therapeutic treatment measures such as medications, intravenous fluids, blood products, treatments and procedures. Prepares patient, completes or assists as appropriate during procedure and evaluates results.
- Participate in staff development activities including orientation, mentorship, and sharing feedback from government sponsored training opportunities.
- Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse. In the absence of the supervisor, accepts those supervisory and administrative responsibilities when required.
- Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for training, conferences, and/or meetings for this position.
- Education: Must have a minimum of a BSN degree and new BSN Grads Welcome!
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
- RN experience preferred.
We are located just east of the intersection of Hwy 87 and Hwy 264 in northern Arizona in an area called First Mesa. The Hopi people settled into this land in the area where three mesas stand side by side, dotted with quaint reservation villages scattered throughout the three mesas. Each mesa and each village has its own history and a surprising variation in traditions. The village of Polacca has a convenience store with an ATM, a post office (zip code 86042), as well as a few other small stores, mostly selling arts and crafts. The village of Keams Canyon, approximately 11 miles to the east, has a small grocery store/restaurant/trading post, a post office, a gas station, and a few small stores. Larger towns such as Flagstaff, AZ (2 hour drive), Winslow, AZ (1 hour drive), Gallup, NM (1½ hour drive), and Dilkon, AZ (45 min. drive) offer a wider selection of shopping and entertainment. The Southwest region has many other attractions such as hiking, camping, mountain biking, rafting/canoeing, fishing, skiing/snowboarding, and dozens of state and national parks in the surrounding Arizona, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado areas. While many of these activities are a bit of a drive (between 1-5 hours for most), there are often local groups traveling from the reservation to the cities or on outdoor adventure trips on the weekends.