Sheridan County School District 2 is looking for a positive, professional, and energetic HR Technician to join the Human Resources Team.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associates degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field and experience performing human resources related job functions preferred. A PHR or SHRM-CP Certification is desirable, but not required.
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Director
JOB GOALS: Performs technical level tasks related to human resource operations.
- Serves as the system administrator of the District’s hiring and record-keeping software; maintains this software including posting job announcements, updating checklists, and maintaining job templates, applications, and system correspondence; compiles reports and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Assists hiring managers with recruitment strategies and facilitates proper and complete utilization of the District’s hiring policies, procedures, and applicant tracking software.
- Coordinates new hire orientation including scheduling, correspondence, and maintenance of orientation materials.
- Helps new hires understand and enroll in District benefits within necessary timelines; helps coordinate annual open enrollment periods; and assists with the completion of annual 1095-C forms as mandated by the Affordable Care Act.
- Responds to general inquiries regarding employee benefits and personnel-related procedures; handles general customer service inquiries to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution.
- Monitors PTSB certification expiration dates for all certified staff; tracks credit hours and submits information to PTSB on an annual basis.
- Reviews injury reports for completeness and adherence to established guidelines and helps identify opportunities to improve service delivery methods and procedures.
- Assists with developing and coordinating programs that promote health and mental wellness of district staff; uses annual health claims data to identify areas of focus that address specific wellness needs of District staff.
- Receives, reviews and submits workers’ compensation incident reports to the state; assists staff with worker’s compensation inquiries; and reports suspicious, questionable, or unusual incidents to the Human Resources Director.
- Facilitates proper and complete utilization of SafeSchools including maintenance, correspondence, and training of the system.
- Processes unemployment claims including claims administration, submitting timely claim responses, auditing benefit charges from the state; tracking quarterly costs; and reporting suspicious, questionable, or unusual claims to the Human Resources Director.
- Processes lane change requests for certified staff.
- Assigns and monitors contracts, work agreements, extra duty contracts, and non-renewal letters for District employees.
- Reviews official transcripts, VOS forms, and PTSB certifications for placement on the certified salary schedule based on state laws.
- Compiles data for state and federal reporting including, but not limited to, WDE 602 and 652 reports, CRDC and OSHA 300, 301 and 301A reports.
- Acts as a liaison to district staff, students, and the community.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality regarding applicants, employees and students.
- Participates in the development, coordination and administration of special projects or programs as assigned; and performs other duties of a similar nature, as assigned by the Human Resources Director.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Positive interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with the public, staff, and parents.
- Upper body strength to lift up to 25 pounds and carry more than 50 feet throughout the workday.
- Lower body strength to stand and walk throughout the day.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity and stamina to work at a computer monitor throughout the workday.
Job Category: Classified
Exemption Status: non-exempt
Insurance Eligibility: full-time insurance
Contract position: no
Placement on any of the Classified (Hourly) Wage Schedules for all new employees will be based solely on an individual’s years of job-related experience:
- School district experience (full time) = One (1) year of job-related experience equals one (1) step on the wage schedule, up to step seven (7)
- School district experience (substitute) & non-school district experience = three (3) years of job-related experience equals one (1) step on the wage schedule, up to step seven (7)
- placement beyond step seven (7) requires approval from the Superintendent
Upon board approval, eligible staff move one (1) step on the wage schedule annually, except in those years when the Board of Trustees sets a wage freeze due to budget constraints.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment relationship with the District is at will and of indefinite duration.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
The closing date displayed is a guideline for candidates and hiring committees. All job postings shall be open for a minimum of five days before they are filled. Once five days have elapsed, committees may begin selecting, interviewing, and hiring qualified candidates. An application is not a guarantee for an interview. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early, as job postings may close sooner than the listed close date.
This job description serves as a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act exemption status(exempt/non-exempt from overtime) is designated by position. Sheridan County School District No. 2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Wyoming State Statute requires any employee initially hired by SCSD2 on or after July 1, 1996, to pass a criminal background check with DCI (Department of Criminal Investigation).