Sheridan County School District No. 2 is seeking a positive and dependable person to join our Facilities Team! This position is year-round; eligible for health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and contributes to the Wyoming Retirement System Employee Pension. Paid leave consists of 19 holidays, 12 vacation days, 4 personal days, and 12 sick days.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma with coursework in project management or business administration or related comparable experience. Experience performing clerical or technical level work in facility management or project management preferred. Associates degree strongly preferred.
REPORTS TO: Facilities Director
JOB GOALS: Performs technical level tasks related to facility operations.
- Provides excellent customer service to staff, students, and the public in a courteous, professional manner, and responds to general inquiries to ensure quick resolutions.
- Serves as the administrator of the District’s facility management software, facility scheduling software, and safety database including but not limited to updating assets, overseeing work orders, performing system maintenance, training, and troubleshooting system issues.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements opportunities to increase accuracy, reduce costs, and streamline procedures and operations relating to the Facilities Department. Prepares accurate reports as assigned and as required by District, State, and Federal policies, rules, and regulations.
- Establishes, tracks, and monitors large project retainage accounts to ensure accuracy and timely payments.
- Coordinates project reimbursements from the Wyoming State School Facilities Division using the State’s AiM software including tracking, verifying, and reporting purchases.
- Procures, tracks, and manages subcontractors including, snow removal, pest control, maintenance services, and delivery drivers.
- Serves as the purchasing agent for the Facilities Department including researching products, securing competitive bids, tracking product delivery, and processing p-card purchases.
- Manages procurement and tracking of district furniture.
- Assists custodial and maintenance staff in researching issues and/or inefficiencies to identify best practices and recommend necessary changes.
- Updates the Facilities Department website and intranet; coordinates Facility Department travel, and performs various other routine clerical duties including, mailing letters, making photocopies, creating labels, etc.
- Monitors Facility Department absences in order to schedule substitute custodians as needed.
- Assists in the hiring process for substitute custodians and seasonal workers including calling applicants, scheduling interviews, and participating in interviews.
- Collects, tracks, and files compliance documents such as workers’ safety, building inspections, and annual testing based on District, State, and Federal policies, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains high levels of confidentiality
- Participates in the development, coordination, and administration of special projects or programs as assigned; and performs other duties of a similar nature as assigned by the Facilities Director.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Positive interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to use applicable software including Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Forms, purchasing software, etc.
- Understands state and Federal purchasing regulations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to work effectively with the public, staff, and parents.
- Upper body strength to lift up to 25 pounds and carry for more than 50 feet throughout the workday.
- Lower body strength to stand and walk throughout the day.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity and stamina to work at a computer monitor throughout the workday.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment relationship with the District is at will and of indefinite duration.
Job Category: Classified
Exemption Status: non-exempt
Insurance Eligibility: full-time insurance
Contract position: no
Placement on any of the Classified (Hourly) Wage Schedules for all new employees will be based solely on an individual’s years of job-related experience:
- School district experience (full time) = One (1) year of job-related experience equals one (1) step on the wage schedule, up to step seven (7)
- School district experience (substitute) & non-school district experience = three (3) years of job-related experience equals one (1) step on the wage schedule, up to step seven (7)
- placement beyond step seven (7) requires approval from the Superintendent
Upon board approval, eligible staff move one (1) step on the wage schedule annually, except in those years when the Board of Trustees sets a wage freeze due to budget constraints.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
The closing date displayed is a guideline for candidates and hiring committees. All job postings shall be open for a minimum of five days before they are filled. Once five days have elapsed, committees may begin selecting, interviewing, and hiring qualified candidates. An application is not a guarantee for an interview. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early, as job postings may close sooner than the listed close date.
This job description serves as a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act exemption status(exempt/non-exempt from overtime) is designated by position. Sheridan County School District No. 2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.