The Facilities CMMS Asset Specialist is a Year-Round, Full-Time position located in the Mammoth Hot Springs (MHS) area of Yellowstone National Park.
The Cmms Asset Specialist is responsible for Supporting the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the asset functions within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) used to manage all Xanterra-responsible facilities and utilities within Yellowstone National Park. This position does not come with company provided housing. Most employees secure housing in Gardiner, Emigrant, or Livingston, MT.
To learn more about the Maintenance department in Yellowstone, click here!
What We Provide
Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
Health, life and other insurance benefits
Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
Discounts in and around Yellowstone
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
PLEASE NOTE: As we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures and are carefully following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests.
A day in the life of a CMMS Asset Specialist
1. Supporting the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the asset functions within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) used to manage all Xanterra-responsible facilities and utilities within Yellowstone National Park.
2. Collecting, verifying, and organizing equipment specifications and technical data associated with existing or new assets and validation of OEM equipment manuals submitted for completed projects.
3. Provide continuous oversight and monitoring of processes to maintain accuracy and compliance.
4. Field work required to accurately manage asset data including documentation, control and application of asset tags on new and existing assets.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
1. Minimum of one (1) year hands-on facilities maintenance experience.
2. Experience and working knowledge of the Maximo CMMS program.
3. Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs.
4. Ability to communicate clearly; both orally and in writing.
5. Self-motivation and ability to drive projects forward to completion.
6. Ability to produce accurate work under pressure and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
7. Ability to provide technical support to other departments relating to Maximo use and functionality.
8. Have a working knowledge of maintenance principles, methods and tools.
9. Be proficient in reading and interpreting construction drawings, operating and maintenance manuals, technical specifications and industry literature as required to assist in the development of meaningful and cost-effective preventative maintenance procedures.
10. Ability to use good judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek methods to clarify data.
11. Ability to maintain the CMMS library of asset records and preventive maintenance records.
1. Be capable of lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
2. Possess the physical stamina and conditioning required to climb, crawl, crouch, squat in building spaces which may be hot, cold, noisy, dusty, underground or at significant height from the ground.
3. Be able and willing to drive throughout Yellowstone National Park in Company –provided vehicles.
4. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, squat and kneel for long periods of time as required.
5. Must be at least 21 years old and possess a current, valid, driver’s license with a good driving record for the past 3 years.
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Connect with Us!