Our growing company is seeking to hire an Enterprise Application Developer. As an employee/owner at MEC, you will define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new and existing software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. Day to day duties will include developing and maintaining software supporting all aspects of the business. They will be primarily responsible for working with the business to understand requirements and develop sound process to meet stated requirements.
Location: Mayville, WI
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, including:
- Collaborate with business leaders and subject matter experts to develop new enterprise applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Coordinate with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Develop processes that enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Participate in internal planning meetings providing feedback on project priorities, progress and results
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs
- All other duties assigned.
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, and/or two years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Exposure to developing REST APIs using .NET Core is a plus.
- Ability to write and read SQL
- Experience with Oracle Database or similar enterprise databases.
- Understanding of general database design concepts.
- Knowledge of SQL scripting such as PL/SQL or T-SQL.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Why Work for MEC?
We don’t want to brag, but we are honored to be the largest fabricator in the nation for 10 years in a row. In fact, you can find MEC on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MEC). This would not be possible without the hard work and dedication from our 2,500 plus team members. MEC is employee-owned company meaning that what YOU do on an everyday basis impacts our success as a company. We’re also proud to be a company that is highly involved and actively supports the communities in which our facilities are located.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value-Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies. We continue to have an aggressive growth plan, operating 19 manufacturing facilities that are strategically located near its customers in eight states.
Come explore all of the opportunities MEC has to offer. We would love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Company's Facebook page: