Minerals Technologies Inc
Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a resource- and technology-based company that develops, produces and markets worldwide a broad range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and related systems and services. The Company has four reportable segments: Specialty
Minerals, Performance Materials, Refractories and Energy Services.
The Performance Materials segment is a leading supplier of bentonite and bentonite-related products, as well as chromite and leonardite, to industrial and consumer markets globally. Products offered by the Performance Materials segment include specially formulated green sand bond solutions for metalcasting, additives for powdered laundry detergent formulation, and pet litter. This segment operates more than 25 mining or production facilities worldwide. The Performance Materials segment also provides products for non-residential construction, environmental and infrastructure projects worldwide. It serves customers engaged in a broad range of construction
projects, including site remediation, concrete waterproofing for underground structures, liquid containment on projects ranging from landfills to flood control, and drilling applications including foundation, slurry wall, tunneling, water well and horizontal drilling.
MTI provides a business environment and promotes a culture that encourages
all employees to contribute to our success. We have long been committed to
the recruitment and advancement of the most talented and qualified people.
We recognize that MTI’s ability to provide the highest caliber of products and services is enhanced by a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities and countries in which we work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an EHS Manager at our Colony,
WY location. The Environmental Health & Safety Manager is responsible for
promoting continuous improvement by the full implementation and support of
the MTI EHS process for the Belle/Colony area plants. This role will also provide
environmental oversight and support for MTI through an MTI Environment
1. Establish the safety standards for the Colony area plants consistent with
or exceeding MTI, OSHA, MSHA and other regional and local standards as
well as ensuring environmental compliance within global environmental
2. Develop a multi-year plan to drive continuous improvement with specific
and actionable steps for near term implementation
3. Lead and drive the Colony area plants organization’s implementation and
improvement of key sustainability metrics
4. Provide analysis of EHS performance metrics to the Business Unit and MTI
management to deepen understanding as well as provide improvement recommendations
5. Provide assessment and recommendations for the continuous improvement of the safety culture within the designated plants
6. Establish and maintain the EHS training process for the designated plants to ensure that training is conducted in an effective manner and in compliance with regulatory agency and MTI requirements
7. Ensure regulatory compliance at assigned plants
8. Establish processes to keep abreast of proposed changes to existing laws with regard to their possible effects on all facilities, especially the plants, and take action with site leadership or plant management to address these items on a proactive basis, as needed
9. Ensure corrective actions on any items of improvement from third party inspections (e.g. OSHA, MSHA, EPA, etc.) are brought to the Company’s attention and tracked to completion
10. Lead new hire and annual refresher MSHA training
11. Establish and oversee various plant EHS inspection processes identifying potential safety hazards, compliance issues and ensure timely correction of all items noted
12. Coordinate and support investigations and root cause analysis for injuries, releases, regulatory deviations, near miss incidents and property damage incidents
13. Ensure a contractor safety management process (including periodic inspections and correction of violations) is in place and meets all regulatory and company requirements
14. Conduct safety analyses on job functions and work with site management and employees to reduce and manage risk
15. Interface with regulatory agencies and assist in negotiation of permit requirements and other regulatory initiatives
16. Ensure that safety reviews are conducted for all new process equipment and projects and that they are properly installed
17. Work with Plant Managers to field and respond to neighborhood concerns regarding dust, noise, etc.
18. Provide oversight to environmental remediation efforts as necessary for
19. Provide oversight and support for the sustainability report data collection process
20. Performing and maintaining the industrial hygiene program
1. Acts as resource and champion for continuous improvement activities
(Suggestion Program, 5S, Kaizen, TPM, problem solving, etc.).
2. Work with Plant Managers and Plant Teams to ensure individual employee involvement in continuous improvement activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
The requirements listed in the sections that follow are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform the duties of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (primary duties) of the job.
Incumbent must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and a minimum of five years’ experience in a multiple site production setting. Must have experience with environmental regulations, standards and implementation of environmental programs in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of safety regulations and processes is a plus. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with regulatory agencies. Incumbent must have a proven track record of collaborating with others to implement EHS processes and systems that facilitate continuous improvement, maintain compliance and reduce risk.
Incumbent must have the ability to communicate effectively, to motivate others and to promote a positive work atmosphere. The incumbent must be a persistent self-starter who can work effectively and lead others with minimum
oversight. Incumbent must have the ability to work effectively with all levels and cultures of employees within the company and any/all individuals outside of the company. Incumbent must have demonstrated a willingness to challenge conventional ideas, be flexible, innovative and be able to function effectively in a team format.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is typically required to read, write, listen, speak and understand English, follow all instructions and other oral/written information, visually inspect equipment/work area, complete paperwork and other documentation accurately, identify, analyze, troubleshoot and solve issues using judgement and mechanical knowledge/abilities, react quickly as needed, be organized and detail oriented, be able to identify/judge the urgency of a situation, use judgement in decision making, communicate effectively with others, be aware of oneself in relation to surrounding equipment, work independently and as a team with others.
Ability to instruct/transfer job information/knowledge to others is required.
There is exposure to plant production areas, which may include exposure to outside weather conditions as well as loud noise from equipment and dust from production processes. Exposure to plant areas requires the use of appropriate safety equipment. Personal protective equipment is available for employee use in these circumstances.
The employee is expected to be self-directed, take initiative and be persistent when appropriate to accomplish necessary duties. Additionally, the employee is expected to be adaptable/flexible to changing work assignments, have a high level of integrity, dependability and self-control to maintain composure, perform multiple tasks at once manage time effectively and efficiently, meet established deadlines, display a cooperative demeanor, motivate and lead others, read, understand and follow all company, job specific and safety policies/procedures, and attend/use all required training. Ability to travel both domestically is required.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Ehs+Manager&c=Minerals+Technologies&l=Colony%2C+WY&jk=1a7104e607cc5024&rtk=1emvijju7t5bi800&from=rss→