Manages the daily operations of the Cardio ICU unit to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational objectives. May provide direct care to patients.
- Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. May oversee scheduling, recruitment, payroll and student engagements.
- Ensures regulatory compliance. Assist with the identification, determination and need for systems, equipment and supplies. Monitors usage, and oversees proper working order of equipment and ensures adequate supplies.
- Assesses the quality of patient care delivered. Evaluates needs of patients and families and provides patient and family centered care. Manages complaints and conflicts through to resolution.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, documents and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
Competencies and skills:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient safety practices in the clinical setting.
- DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PLAN OF CARE: Develops and implements a nursing care plan based on the patient's individual needs, an interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based practices.
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
- MANAGING PEOPLE: Uses HR/Performance Management processes and systems to align individual performance to achieve organizational results.
- PROFESSIONAL CREDIBILITY: Maintains a credible and professional image by modeling organizational values and exhibiting knowledge and skills required to contribute to team/department/organizational goals.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
- ACLS Certification
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse License
Education equivalent experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communications skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 3 years nursing experience in cardiovascular and/or intensive care
- • Department specific credentials - See below
- ONCC Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Certificate Required for those RN's administering chemotherapy.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required for ICU, ED, PACU, Endo, Tele, OB, MHN Pre-Op and Specialty Procedural areas.
- PALS required for Pediatric areas with the exception of NICU. Certification in Fetal Monitoring through National Credential Center or through AWOHNN (Intermediate or Advanced) for L&D RN's.
- Newly licensed RN's have 6 months to obtain ACLS and/or PALS, and Fetal Monitoring if L&D.
Note: For added clarification, see Mandatory Education Requirements Grid.
- Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 60.00%
- Climbing ; ; ; 40.00%
- Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 80.00%
- Kneeling ; ; ; 60.00%
- Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 40.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
- Reaching ; ; ; 80.00%
- Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg ; ; ; 40.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 80.00%
- Running ; ; ; 40.00%
- Sitting ; ; ; 60.00%
- Squatting ; ; ; 80.00%
- Standing ; ; ; 80.00%
- Walking ; ; ; 80.00%
- Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
- Smelling Acuity ; ; ; 40.00%
- Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
- Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
- Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
- Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 60.00%
- Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 60.00%
- Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 60.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 60.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 60.00%
- Cytotoxic Chemicals ; ; ; 60.00%
- Dust ; ; ; 60.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes ; ; ; 80.00%
- Hazardous Chemicals ; ; ; 80.00%
- Hazardous Medication ; ; ; 80.00%
- Computer Monitor ; ; ; 80.00%
- Domestic Animals ; ; ; 40.00%
- Fire Risk ; ; ; 40.00%
- Magnetic Fields ; ; ; 40.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 40.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 80.00%
- Potential Electric Shock ; ; ; 40.00%
- Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 40.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 80.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.