West Virginia Northern Community College
is seeking applicants for part-time adjunct faculty for Business Administration
including the disciplines of Business Management, Accounting, Economics, or Marketing.
Filling positions for various classes with various qualification requirements.
WVNCC has a priority need of experienced online adjunct instructors. Quality Matters training is preferred or the applicant must be willing to complete the training prior to being assigned to teach a course.
If you are committed to providing higher education empowering individuals to achieve academic and career goals leading to a competent workforce, we invite you to submit your application to be included in our adjunct faculty applicant pool. Our adjunct faculty instructors provide student centered instruction on a course by course basis. Adjunct faculty serve as temporary part-time instructors hired to provide instruction, student advising and student support to our students.
Compensation for adjunct faculty is determined according to our current adjunct faculty per credit hour or equivalent rate.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop a course syllabus incorporating all elements of the master course guide, and consistent with catalog description, student needs, and other institutional guidelines
- Plan and implement strategies and activities to accomplish course objectives/outcomes
- Clarify assignments, expectations, attendance policy, grading policy, evaluation methods, and class procedures to students
- Evaluate students on the basis of their achievements toward these objectives/outcomes
- Advise and assist students in matters related to course work outside the classroom
- Refer students who may need support services
- Meet each class during the scheduled hours, except as arranged with agreement of the class
- Ensure that class is held for at least the number of hours advertised during the term
- Make arrangements for equipment and supplies, field trips, Web page, outline, or other special activities needed for a course
- Incorporate department assessment practices and instruments into courses as appropriate and requested
- Understand and use technology that will enhance the teaching/learning in the classroom
- Complete administrative responsibilities by activating and using the WVNCC adjunct email account for institutional correspondence with staff and students
- Use Northern on the Web (NOW) for: reporting first week attendance and final grades within established institutional procedures and deadlines; academic advising; student contact information; and, other related processes.
Qualifications and Requirements: Filling positions for various classes with various qualification requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Management (Management Courses) OR
- Master's degree with Math Emphasis (Mathematics of Business and Finance course) OR
- Master's degree or Juris Doctor (Business Law Courses) OR
- Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with 15 graduate hours in Economics (Macroeconomics and Microeconomics courses)
- If you are claiming post-high school education, license or special training, you MUST attach or provide by mail a legible copy of your education transcript, license or training record.
- Transcripts - Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required within 30 days of hire date. If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective applicant to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities; Additional Information: Professional Development
At a minimum, all part-time adjunct faculty are expected to:
- Keep up-to-date with information and practices in the discipline in which they teach
- Keep up-to-date with practices of the teaching profession
- Maintain currency in the use of communications and instructional technologies which will provide students with skills needed for the global workplace
- Participate in and utilize College provided workshops, materials, and/or online tutorials designed to assist faculty
Like all faculty, part-time adjunct faculty represent the College to students and others. At a minimum, part-time adjunct faculty are expected to:
- Understand and interpret the mission and vision of the College
- Understand and interpret the academic and student policies relevant to the courses they teach
- Know what academic support services are available and to utilize and refer students appropriately for that support
- Fulfill the pledge to students regarding excellence in teaching and learning and maintain and uphold academic integrity and the College's work ethic in all aspects of their work
West Virginia Northern Community College, pursuant to the requirements of Titles IV, VI, VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, does not discriminate against applicants, employees, or students on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, gender, ancestry, marital or parental status or national origin in its employment policies and/or educational programs or activities, including admissions to such.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: