Website US Waffle Company
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Stack product into correct stack count
Examine product for defects and disposition accordingly
Refill carton machine as needed with correct cartons
Pack product inside carton or bags depending on order specifications
Confirm that date code is being printed on carton and in correct placement of carton
Confirm cartons are sealing properly and notify production lead if there is a problem.
Put correct labels in the correct space as specified by order
Rework all product as needed, do not waste product
Notify production lead of any waste issues and/or machine malfunctions
Clean up line continuously throughout shift
· Able to work extended hours, available for overtime and weekend work as required.
· Knowledge of SQF, GMP’s, SOP’s, and HACCP, and other food process sanitation requirements.
· Report any/all food safety or food quality issues immediately to supervision or QA.
Perform related duties as assigned by production lead or other leadership
Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Assist production lead with changeovers as required (including moving materials, equipment, etc).
Other Responsibilities and Skills Needed:
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions
· Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; maintains a positive attitude; generates ideas and suggestions that improve the team’s performance, the efficiency of the process or the quality of the products
· Ethics - Treats people from own and other cultures with respect; works with honesty and integrity; upholds organizational values
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; is consistently at work and on time
· Decision-making – Able to handle problems and think through to solutions. Knows when to act independently and when to involve the Production Lead or Supervisor
· Attention to Detail – Makes sure correct materials are being used in your process area; confirm that product is being packed according to customer requirements
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Basic mathematical skills are required
· Must be willing to work weekends and overtime when needed
· Computer skills – ability to learn specific software programs (Plex) to access paperwork.
Physical and Safety Requirements
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
· Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and all other food safety requirements
· Complies with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s) requirements
· Reports any food safety problems or potentially unsafe practices/conditions to lead or supervisor
· Constant walking and standing on hard concrete service
· Frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, lifting and climbing
· Position will require working in very hot and cold conditions
· Other conditions include flour dust, wet floors, occasional smoke and fumes if product burns
To apply for this job please visit uswc.isolvedhire.com.