Creating opportunities for people of all abilities
Where: Naval Research Laboratory (NRL), Washington D.C.
Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time, Day Shift
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life & Short-Term Disability Insurance, 11 paid holidays, up to 12 paid vacation days per year, paid sick leave, Verizon wireless discount, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a robust wellness program. Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility for full time employees.
To apply: visit www.skookum.org
Skookum is a national non-profit, government contractor that is dedicated to “Creating Opportunities for People of All Abilities” through hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. We take pride in our mission-focused culture, as well as our Core Values, Diversity, Partnership, Commitment, Integrity, and Quality and our dedication to providing a safe and respectful work environment to our employees.
Skookum is seeking a problem solving and reliable Master Mechanic with a positive attitude.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
· Diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required; coordinating the procurement of materials/parts, replacing worn or broken parts such as, but not limited to, engine components, bearing, piston rings, adjusting valves or other engine parts.
· Rebuilding carburetors, overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems; brake systems; steering/suspension systems; exhaust and hydraulic systems; A/C systems.
· Performing service, inspections, maintenance, repair, and overhaul of equipment to include, but not limited to, wheeled vehicles, track vehicles, engineer equipment, power generation, and material handling equipment, propane, natural gas, electric, gasoline, and diesel engine-powered vehicles, including light, medium, heavy, and heavy equipment trailers.
· Understand and follow technical manuals, lube orders, wiring and hydraulic schematics to ensure proper diagnosis and repair during non-annual and annual services.
· Perform major repair jobs by disassembling and cleaning parts, removal, repair and installation of assemblies, and components.
· Mentor employees and new hires on proper procedures pertaining to shop safety, maintenance practices, and principles and completion of required work order documentation.
· Coordinate with Lead Mechanic and/or Project Manager regarding the procurement of parts/materials and supplies for ongoing repairs and maintenance.
· Maintains a clean and safe work area, ensuring building and shop cleanliness on a routine basis.
· Five (5) years of experience is preferred; specialized vocational, technical or other formal training may be substituted in part for experience.
· ASE (1-8) and MACS Certifications required.
· Ability to read, understand, and follow technical manuals to ensure proper diagnosis and repair.
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance. The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions on a case-by-case basis.
· Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· May be required to reach, kneel, walk, stand and use repetitive motion for several hours at a time based on position duties.
· Where permitted by applicable law, you must have received the COVID-19 vaccine in full by date of hire to be considered for employment (unless otherwise exempted from this policy by an approved medical or religious exemption).
· Valid state CDL-A Driver’s License is required with the ability to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum’s insurance carrier.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances and installation access. A background check and E-Verify will be conducted for this position.
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People of all Abilities”
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled - Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster. Skookum participates in E-Verify.
To apply for this job please visit www.skookum.org.