Creating opportunities for people of all abilities
Where: Ft. Meade, Maryland
Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Compensation: $30.15/hr. + $1000.00 Sign-on Bonus
Work Schedule: Full-time, Day Shift
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life & Short-Term Disability Insurance, 11 paid holidays, up to 12 paid vacation days per year, paid sick leave, Verizon wireless discount, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a robust wellness program. Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligibility for full time employees.
To Apply: visit www.skookum.org
Skookum is a national non-profit, government contractor that is dedicated to “Creating Opportunities for People of All Abilities” through hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. We take pride in our mission-focused culture, our Core Values, Diversity, Partnership, Commitment, Integrity, and Quality, and our dedication to providing a safe and respectful work environment to our employees.
Skookum is seeking a highly skilled and responsible Heavy Equipment Mechanic Lead with a can-do attitude.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
· Assist Maintenance Supervisor in the coordination and assignment of daily job assignments and shop procedures.
· Operate and inspect machines or equipment to diagnose defects; Mentors and guides coworkers on workflow procedures and safety policies.
· Responsible for quality assurance inspection and verification of services and repairs performed prior to work order completions and customer acceptance.
· Oversee and review coworkers, work orders, tracking work assignments, as well as monitoring the safety and well-being of employees; Track, record, and maintain facilities safety and inspection data.
· Performs maintenance of equipment to include, but not limited to, wheeled vehicles, track vehicles, engineer equipment, power generation, and material handling equipment.
· Perform inspection and repair on brakes, suspension, wheels, hubs, and steering systems.
· Understand and follow technical manuals, lube orders, wiring and hydraulic schematics to ensure proper diagnosis and repair during annual services.
· Perform major repair jobs by disassembling and cleaning parts, removing components, removal and installation of assemblies and installation of components.
· Monitor employee performance to ensure efficient use of time and performance of work tasks.
· Responsible for various reports, i.e., schedules, training, attendance, evaluations, various employee documentations, correct time keeping.
· Five (5) years of Medium/Heavy truck mechanical maintenance experience required; specialized vocational, technical, or other formal training may be substituted in part for experience.
· ASE certification(s) or equivalent experience required.
· Knowledge of GCSS-ARMY maintenance-based system preferred.
· Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance. The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions on a case-by-case basis.
· Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· May be required to reach, kneel, walk, stand, and use repetitive motion for several hours at a time based on position duties.
· Skookum requires that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You must have received the COVID-19 vaccine in full by the proposed date of hire to be considered for employment. Requests for exemptions to this requirement, based on medical or religious reasons, will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and are not implicitly guaranteed.
· Valid CDL Class B license is required or have the ability to obtain one within 120 days of hire. Much be able to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum’s insurance carrier.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearances and installation access. A background check and E-Verify will be conducted for this position.
This position is represented by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 37.
Skookum’s mission is “Creating Opportunities for People of all Abilities”
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Women/Minority/Veteran/Disabled - Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster. Skookum participates in E-Verify.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com