Website Houston Precision Fasteners, LP
Houston Precision Fasteners produces high strength, close tolerance, fatigue rated fasteners using materials such as alloy steel, 718, titanium, waspaloy, A-286 and multiphase. Our fasteners support most current space programs as well as our nations fleet of military aircraft and weapon systems. We are dedicated to providing a superior product to our customers and seek only highly qualified people who take pride in their work to be part of our growing team.
Repair and maintain mechanical equipment including servicing, repairing, adjusting, inspecting and testing along with repairing and maintaining facilities, including electrical and HVAC.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Inspect, repair, refurbish, monitor, test, dismantle and reassemble machinery and equipment using various hand and power tools
· Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions
· Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary
· Repair machines, equipment, or structures, using tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices
· Communicate with and schedule vendors and contractors for necessary building repairs and emergencies that are outside the scope of routine maintenance
· Assist with maintaining and monitoring a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when next service is due
· Make decisions and solve problems through analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve
· HS diploma or equivalent or equivalent combination of experience/education
· 5 or more years of related experience
· Advanced building and construction knowledge (materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings and production facilities, to include knowledge of repair and servicing for refrigeration and AC units and electrical systems up to 500 volts)
· Process analysis and evaluation skills to determine how a process should work, how changes will affect outcomes and identifying and monitoring measures of performance
· A candidate must have a desire to continually learn and develop technical skills
Physical Requirements and Working Condition:
· Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and stand for prolonged periods of time, climb steps, and ladders
· Must be able to work at heights utilizing fall protection equipment (man lifts, ladders, and stand)
· Must be able to lift up to 45lbs
· Must have vision or corrected vision equal to 20-20
· Must have an attention to detail and desire to produce extremely high-quality work
· Subject to environmental conditions -protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes
· Subject to hazards to include a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
· Subject to loud constant noise
· Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by HPF employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Due to nature of defense contracts, US Citizenship is a requirement.
As part of our Drug and Alcohol Policy, upon acceptance of any offer of employment, employment will be conditional of passing a required drug.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org