Website Houston Precision Fasteners, LP
About HPF: Houston Precision Fasteners produces high strength, fatigue rated, close tolerance fasteners using materials such as carbon steel, alloy steel, nickel alloy, titanium, waspaloy, A-286, monel and multiphase. Our fasteners have supported mission aircrafts such as; Joint Strike Fighters, F/A 18 Super Hornet, and Falcon 9; just to name a few. We are dedicated to providing a superior product to our customers.
Job purpose: The purpose of this position is to support the department’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. This includes the safe and efficient operation of CNC Lathe Equipment allowing for the achievement of customer expectations for quality and on-time delivery. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments (including micrometers, calipers and gages), templates, and fixtures
· Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
· Stop machines to remove finished work pieces or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement, according to required machining sequences
· Check to ensure that work pieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation
· Enter commands, instructions, or specifications into equipment
· 4-6 years related experience of related experience desired
· Ability to read and interpret complex routers and other required documents
· HS diploma or equivalent or equivalent combination of experience/education
· A candidate must have a desire to continually learn and develop technical skills
· Advanced knowledge of quality of CNC processes and G-Stop codes
Physical Requirements and Working Condition:
· Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and stand for prolonged periods of time, climb steps, and ladders
· Must be able to work at heights utilizing fall protection equipment (man lifts, ladders, and stand)
· Must be able to lift up to 45lbs
· Subject to environmental conditions -protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes
· Subject to hazards to include a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
· Subject to loud constant noise
· Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by HPF employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Due to nature of defense contracts, US Citizenship is a requirement.
As part of our Drug and Alcohol Policy, upon acceptance of any offer of employment, employment will be conditional of passing a required background and drug test.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com